What lighting is being proposed and how will this affect neighbouring properties? Particularly as an environmental survey at Cefn Farm identified a number of bats in the area, and downlighting was the only form of external lighting permitted?
The external lighting strategy may be found on Drawing 4052-ID-DR-1002 in Technical Appendix 4-2, together with the lighting calculations and risk assessment.
- Lighting levels for each area have been designed in accordance with BSEN 12464-2 for outdoor work places;
- Additional localised lighting will be required for ladders and platforms;
- Lighting has been designed to be in keeping with a site in a rural location;
- luminaires have been selected to minimise the impact on bats;
- Mounting heights have been selected to minimise lighting impacts;
- External backlight shields have been provided where required to minimise back spill;
- External lighting will operate all night with the exception of the ERF access road and firewater storage areas; and
- All external lighting will have primary photocell control to ensure it is not operational during daylight hours.