Call us on: 0800 130 3353

How do I get involved?

When a company applies for planning permission to build a plant, the planning process enables representations to be made by the public and other interested parties. The application must be publicised locally in some form. This will be done by a public notice on the proposed site and an advert in the local newspaper with information generally available at the local town hall, as well as publication on this website. 

There is a minimum period of 6 weeks for people to submit their views and concerns.  When the planning application is submitted the company must provide a report explaining how it has addressed any issues raised during this period.

When Broad Energy applies for an environmental permit, Natural Resources Wales (NRW), the regulator, will also consult the public. NRW will advertise permit requests in the area local to the application as well as publishing live consultations on line at

All consultation responses on the planning application and the permit application respectively are taken into account in reaching a decision.