Why Buttington Quarry?
Buttington Quarry is an 18-hectare (44 acres) site that is well screened from the adjacent A458 road and nearby communities by trees, landscaping and natural topography. Additionally, the site has the following advantages:
- Industrial heritage as a working quarry dating back to the 1800s
- Part of the quarry is designated as employment land in the Powys County Council Local Development Plan
- Good infrastructure connections
- Located in quarry void to minimise visual impact
- ERF would act as an anchor development for an eco-business park as part of wider development plans proposed by the quarry owners
- Creation of a biodiversity area for enhancing the SSSI within the site
- Proposal for educational facilities/visits
- The ERF as an anchor development will enable continued use of a local industrial asset.